Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tiring Tuesday

We tried to start off our day with story time at the library, but we were a little late and so couldn't get in this morning. Instead we perused the children's DVD section to see if we could find any Elmo, Barney, Dora, or Kipper videos to borrow- all of Grace's new favorites. Then we took a quick trip to Walmart followed by lunch with the Baggetts at Chick-fil-a. As much as I love Chick-fil-a, I will think twice about eating there during peak lunch time. The play area was so crowded with kids and parents that Grace didn't make it in there today.

Despite missing story time and not getting a chance to play at Chick-fil-a, the goal of which was to wear her out good, she still took a three hour nap. I never know what to do with myself when she sleeps for that long. I'm usually lucky if she'll nap for an hour!

We spent the afternoon in the pool with the Baggetts and finished our evening with a Kipper DVD. Grace was out by eight o'clock. I guess the secret to getting Grace to sleep well is to tire her out, but the problem with that is, I am so exhausted at the end of the day as well. By then, I have no motivation to get all these projects done- things that I said I would finish before Mike's homecoming. I can only imagine the teasing I'll get from him if he comes back to picture frames on our walls that look exactly the same as when he left- empty. I will try to be more productive tomorrow, but for now, I need some sleep!


0 comments: