Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Perfect Day, Imperfect Pictures

I love being a stay at home mom.  I truly feel blessed to be able to stay home with my babies.  But that's not to say that every single day is perfect.  There are days when I can't wait for Mike to get home so I can say, "Tag, you're it!" and get myself some 'me' time.  Even if it's just a trip to Food Lion to get a gallon of milk.

Today, though, was absolutely perfect.  No, I didn't get through all of the laundry.  The floors didn't get vacuumed.  My office that I've been meaning to organize is still in shambles.

But my sweet, yet high maintenance baby girl who almost never, ever naps during the day took two glorious one hour naps.  And she went to bed tonight without a single sound of protest.

My girls and I laughed and laughed today!  Claire is getting to be at that age where she is starting to interact with her big sister and Grace is loving it!  They played choo-choo train around the house while I was instructed to sing the choo-choo train song ("All aboard the choo-choo train, all aboard the choo-choo train!  All aboard, all aboard!  Choo-choo!").  I happily obliged, of course, and my heart was bursting with love and happiness to see my babies loving and playing with each other.

This is the reason why even though I am woefully behind on the blog- (I am still in the process of updates, I promise!)- I am not going to delay any longer.  I don't want to miss out on these little moments any more.  They seem insignificant because sometimes life gets a bit routine, but these little moments are the ones I'm going to miss one day.  And I'm afraid if I don't document them now while they're happening, they're going to fade from my memory.  I barely remember what I did yesterday!

These pictures I took today may not be the best quality (so blurry!), but they still do their job of reminding me what a perfect day I had with my babies.


Playing choo-choo train. 


Baby girl is getting so big!  


1 comments:

Laura said...

Oh how I've missed your blogging Cicely! Thanks for sharing your perfect day and blessed life. Give my love to your beautiful girls. I can't believe how big Claire is - walking!!