Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine's Day Prep

Valentine's Day is a week away and this year I really have to up my game.

Not for Mike.  Most years he's not even around on Valentine's Day.  And this year, Valentine's Day falls smack dab in the middle of his exams so it will be just like he's not here.

And it's not for Grace, either.  Usually, I make heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast, we go out to a bakery and pick out a cupcake as our special treat, and that's pretty much the extent of our Valentine's Day celebration.  I know, I know- kinda lame, but when you've got Christmas followed by her birthday the next month, and then Valentine's Day a couple of weeks later- by that time I'm pooped and all out of creative ideas.

What's different this year is that Grace goes to school.  That means exchanging Valentines with her fellow classmates and getting presents for her teachers.  I don't want to embarrass the poor girl on her first Valentine's Day exchange by sending her to school with something uninspired.

So I've been scouring Pinterest for creative and fun (yet easy and cheap!) Valentine ideas.  There are so many ideas swirling around in my head that I still don't have a clue what to do.  We wandered the aisles at the Dollar Store, Target, and Walmart.  Every brainstorming idea I tossed out at Grace, she loved.  And now I'm in trouble because she thinks that every idea is a project in the making.

Thankfully, my girl is pretty easy to please so I think whatever we come up with will be a hit.  At least with her.  And really, that's all that matters to me.


Enjoying a lovely picnic in the playroom.

How terrible is it that when Claire fell into her toy basket, our first reaction wasn't to help her out, it was to run and  get the camera to snap a picture?

0 comments: