Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Claire's 1st Football Game

I have never been a huge football fan.  Many might think that un American, but I didn't grow up watching it so I've never understood all the rules.  I don't know when I'm supposed to cheer, and for the longest time, I was amazed at how quickly they were able to paint that yellow line on the field between plays (I felt like an idiot when Mike patiently explained that you only see that line when you're watching on TV because it's not really there in real life).

It looks like my baby feels the same way about the game.  We took Claire to her first football game on Saturday- Old Dominion University, my alma mater, versus William and Mary, Mike's current school.  She was completely indifferent to the whole thing.  She even napped through a quarter and didn't stir when the mascot went crowd surfing right next to her. 

When we first started dating, Mike would make fun of me for attending ODU because we didn't have a football team and his alma mater, Virginia Tech, was at the pinnacle of their football glory.  Fast forward nine years and look who's laughing now.  Not only does ODU have a football team, they are pretty darn good, AND they beat William and Mary! 

2 comments:

Schinter said...

hey merry x-mas you guys.
i hope life is treating you well,god bless you all.

Mike and Cicely said...

Thank you, Peter. We are doing well; just busy enjoying life! :)