Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday Reunions

 Saturday was all about reunions.  The girls were reunited with the grandparents and spent the day with them.  I had lunch with my friends from my teaching days and in the evening, a girl's night with my friends from my Japan days.

It was wonderful spending time and catching up with good friends.  And the girls had a blast with the grandparents, as always.

Quick little story- for some reason, Claire freaks out and starts crying when my mother-in-law puts on her reading glasses.  She takes it off and Claire is fine, but when Grandma wears them, Claire will have no part of her.  Weird, I know.  I wear glasses when I'm at home, too, but it doesn't seem to bother her in the least.

While Grace is an amazing big sister- sweet, helpful, and kind- she does have moments where the little green monster makes an appearance.  It's hilarious when Grace is jealous.  Her eyebrows knit together and she starts talking in a pouty way, usually saying something like, "No one is giving me any love.  Hmmph."

This time though, Grandma was reading a story to the girls while Claire sat on her lap.  Grace went and got Grandma's glasses, handed it to her and said, "Here, Grandma, put on your glasses," knowing full well that it would mean Claire wouldn't want to stay with her.

Sneaky, sneaky girl!  But gotta love her creative way of getting Grandma all to herself!

My Landstown crew!  
It's such a small world in the Navy! We all met in Japan and now we're all together again.

0 comments: