Monday, February 11, 2013

Nothing But Goodness


Mondays are always hard on just about everyone, but it was especially challenging for me today  because Claire decided that 5 AM was a good time to get up for the day.  And you would think that an extra early wake up would mean some really good naps later in the day.  Nope.  Not my baby girl.  I'm blessed with many, many things, but children who like to sleep is not one of them.

After getting Grace off to school with her Daddy, I tried to be productive, but all I managed to do was turn my upstairs hallway and bedroom floors into disasters with piles of sorted laundry waiting to be washed.  My little Miss Crankypants required my full attention and laundry sorting was about all she would let me do.

And wouldn't you know, Claire finally fell asleep later that morning.  About ten minutes before we had to pick up Grace from school.

The only other noteworthy event was that I made dinner tonight.  (Lemon orzo chicken soup, in case you were wondering.)  As we were sitting in the playroom watching the girls play, Mike said that my hair smelled like food.  Yes, it smells like that because I cooked you a meal, buddy!  So romantic, isn't he?  This is the same guy who used to call me beautiful every time he spoke to me on the phone.  He tried to tell me it was a compliment because he loves food.  Nice try.  Now he owes me a night out at a nice restaurant.

Thankfully, my sweet girl came to my rescue and when her daddy asked her to smell mama's hair and tell him what it smelled like, she said, "Nothing but goodness!"

Borrowing big sister's microphone.  She danced and lip synced along to Dora's song.

Claire's also a big fan of the dollhouse.  She likes to try and eat the furniture.

0 comments: