Friday, February 8, 2013

TGIF

TGIF- thank goodness it's Friday!  I don't know what it was about this week, but it just seemed extra long to me.  I'm glad the weekend is here.  Mike will be busy studying for exams next week, but there's just something about Saturdays and Sundays that make me happy no matter what we've got on the agenda.

We had a little playdate at 'King Burger' (Burger King), as Grace likes to call it, today with a classmate from school.   Grace had a blast playing and I enjoyed an hour of adult conversation with a sweet lady.  Then we hit up another Dollar Store and bought our materials for one of our Valentine's Day projects.  Afterwards it was straight home so everyone, including me, could take naps.  Mike beat us to it when we got home and found him passed out on the couch.  Poor thing has been under the weather since earlier this week.   And now I'm not feeling so hot, but I'm trying to ignore it because we all know mamas don't get to take sick days.

When we woke up from naps, I made dinner, which consisted of heating up leftover chicken noodle soup and making a batch of *pigs in a blanket.  Please don't judge my menu.  My family's lucky I actually made something.  I was this close to going out and ordering from a drive-thru somewhere.   That or making my family eat cereal for dinner.

The rest of the night was laid back.   Grace and I worked on Valentine's gifts for her teachers.  Claire tried to steal our materials.  Mike studied in his office.  Exciting times around here!  But my family is under the same roof, we are safe and warm despite the cold outside, and our bellies are full- all blessings that I don't like to take for granted.

My taking of imperfect pictures continues!  But there's something about this that I love- Mike and Claire laughing and Grace being ever so patient about her baby sister pulling her hair.  

Trying to keep our materials out of Claire's curious hands!

*Grace does not like the name 'pigs in a blanket' for the croissant wrapped mini sausages so we tried coming up with alternatives like 'turkeys in a towel', 'fish in a bowl', 'dogs in the house', and 'cats in a cradle'.  Cats in a cradle won out.





0 comments: