Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Movie Night

I enjoy special times when we will go out and do something special as a family, but my favorite things are just our everyday moments.  Like tonight.  My family sprawled out together on the floor watching a movie.  This is the kind of simple moment that will be in my memory forever.

We went to Redbox and rented two movies, one for our family time and one for our grownup's date night-in.  Our plan was to watch "Dolphin Tale" with the girls, put them to bed and then start our date night-in by snuggling on the couch, sipping our sparkling champagne (sparkling apple cider leftover from Valentine's Day), and watch "Taken Two."

Whereas I used to be able to do movie marathons and stay up until wee hours of the morning watching movie after movie, apparently, I'm only good for one movie a night now.  After I put Claire to bed, I went to my room to change into pajamas.  But the bed was calling my name so I went to go lie down for just a second while Mike finished up with work downstairs.  The next thing I know, it's the next morning.  (Really, 3 in the morning since Claire has yet to sleep through the night!).

I totally missed my date night.  I stood my poor husband up.  And to make me feel even more guilty, I woke up to a neat and tidy kitchen.  Since his date fell fast asleep, he went ahead and cleaned the kitchen!

On our next movie night, I'll have to remember to brew some coffee after dinner so I can make it all the way through.

0 comments: