Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Back to the Gym

When we first moved to Williamsburg, Claire was 2 months old and I was determined to shed the baby weight quickly.  We found a great gym that had a babysitting service that took infants as young as 6 weeks old and immediately signed up for a two year contract.

But that was when our sweet Claire was a little cry baby.  Literally.  You wouldn't know it seeing our cheerful little cutie now, but back then was another story.  She would cry inconsolably if she wasn't in my arms.  Mike and I would go to the gym and one of us would inevitably get called to the baby room because they couldn't get her to calm down.

When Claire was 4 months old, she worked herself up so much that she threw up all over the babysitter.  I don't mean a little spit up either.  The poor young lady was covered in Claire's throw up.  I was mortified.  And I haven't been back to the gym since.

Until today.  Since Claire has mellowed quite a bit since then and her stranger anxiety is a thing of the past, I decided it was time to go back to the gym.  As I was grapevining my way through a Zumba class, I prayed that Claire was behaving herself.

When I went to pick her up, the babysitter, who was the same one that Claire got sick on five months ago, told me she was a happy little baby who behaved so well.  Success!

Now I have no more excuses.   Time to shed the weight equivalent of Claire!


0 comments: