Saturday, February 9, 2013

Twenty-five, six

 Grace's Statue of Liberty pose is for her Valentine's Day card.  I saw this idea on Pinterest where you take a picture with this kind of pose and make it look like you're personally handing a lollipop to your Valentine.  I showed it to Grace and she thought it was hilarious.   She giggled and assured me that her friends would LOVE it.  She had fun posing and was fairly patient with me as I tried to get the shot right.  The candy bribe I offered her at the end when her interest started to wane didn't hurt, either.

Thanks to my dear husband, I was able to squeeze in some 'me' time this morning.  Despite his full study schedule, he urged me to leave the girls with him so I could go out and do a little window shopping at this store I've been dying to check out.  Maybe it was the look of crazy (or haggardness?) starting to creep into my face from the lack of alone time lately, but I'm grateful for that hour of time to do whatever I please.

After lunch, I put Claire down for her nap and let Grace skip hers so I could take her to the park.  I have been promising to take her, but the weather has not been cooperative lately.  Even though it was sunny today, it was still a bit chilly.  But I'm glad we went together- just the two of us.  Although she adores her baby sister, I think a part of her misses having me all to herself every once in a while.  We finished our time out together with a quick trip to Target and on the way back home she said, "See, Mama?  Isn't it so much easier with just one kid?"

Later, we played cash register where we go shopping around the playroom and then check out with the cashier.  I told Grace I wanted to purchase Claire.  So she scanned her, thought about it for a few seconds, and then told me she cost, "Twenty-five, six."

Considering she can only consistently count up to the twenties so far, that's pretty expensive and I told her so.  She said, "Well, she's my baby sister!  I love her!"

See, Claire?  How much does your big sister love you?  Twenty-five, six dollars worth!  And to her sweet, newly four year old self, that's priceless!


0 comments: