Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Pajama Kind of Valentine's Day

We had a very laid back Valentine's this year.  In fact, it was so laid back the girls stayed in their pajamas for most of the day.
We started off this morning with an excited Grace giving us a wake up call by announcing, "It's Valentine's Day!"  She has been looking forward to Valentine's Day with almost the same level of excitement as Christmas.  Even though we had nothing special on the agenda for the day (hence the pajama wearing), I tried to make it memorable for my girls.

I surprised them with a table decorated with balloons, flowers, and a goody bag full of treats.
I let Grace eat pure sugar for breakfast- heart shaped donuts.

She was thrilled with the breakfast menu.  When I asked her what she wanted for lunch she said, "Chocolate.  Just chocolate."  A girl after my own heart! 
Grace said we couldn't forget about Daddy, "our special Valentine because he's our only boy".    I let her pick out his gift and she wanted to go to his favorite store, Jos A. Bank, to pick out a pink tie.  All of it completely her idea, including which store to go to.  I have no idea how she figured out his favorite store, but her logic for picking out his present was flawless- "He wears a tie all the time for school, so we'll get him one but in a Valentine color."
Claire checking out her stuff.
"Seriously, mama, this is all I get?!?  Some baby food wrapped in ribbon?"  Poor second child!



0 comments: