Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Special Visit

Liezel is the first friend I made in Jacksonville and I truly don't know what I would have done without her.  She kept me company while Mike was deployed and helped me find my way around a new and unfamiliar city.  She didn't mind hanging out with a precocious fifteen month old Grace.  Grace absolutely adores her and I know Claire will feel the same way.  She introduced me to Peterbrooke chocolates.  When I was pregnant with Claire, she was my go-to girl  for any medical questions (Liezel is a labor and delivery nurse) and my sounding board for all my TMI, weird goings-on with my pregnancy.  She would even go with me to my ultrasound appointments when Mike was out to sea.

The list could go on and on and on.  In short, Liezel is a very important person to me and my family.  So much so that Mike and I asked her to be godmother to Claire.  And how special for Claire to have her godmother be there on the day of her birth and to have all those newborn tests done with her godmother by her side.

I was thrilled when Liezel told me she was coming for a visit.  She stayed with us for a few days and we did our best to show her around Williamsburg.  We went antique shopping, walked around Colonial Williamsburg, and ate at some not so impressive restaurants.  But in the end, I think my favorite thing was just hanging out on the couch in our pajamas catching up with each other.

As all visits are with great friends, it was entirely too short, but hopefully it won't be too long before we see our sweet Liezel again.





4 comments:

Jojo said...

I've known Liezel since childhood and would have never guessed, that she'd be the future Godmother to Mya and Claire! How special that we're all tied together in some way!!!!! Jojo

liezel said...

all thanks to you, my dear joanne! cicely, thank you for this sweet record of my visit :) miss you all!!

Lola said...

I am blessed to meet you and your sister during my visits to Jax. You are truly a very sweet and caring person. My daughter and her family is blessed to have you in their lives. God bless always.

Schinter said...

Happy eastern to all of you.
Sorry if i did not post a comment the last weeks.
But i still enjoy reading all posts