Saturday, July 16, 2011

Reunion with the Estoestas

Immediately after Grace's ballet class Friday evening, we drove down to Orlando to meet up with our dear friends, Jojo and James. We met in Japan when James was my delivery nurse. Our families became fast friends and I will always cherish those memories of our time together in Japan. They now live on the West Coast, and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see each other when they were just a couple of hours away.

We, along with Liezel (another dear friend who I met through Jojo because they are childhood friends), booked rooms at the same Bed and Breakfast and the moment we arrived, we didn't waste any time catching up with each other. I put Grace to bed, changed into my pajamas, and then headed up to Liezel's room where the girls were planning on gabbing and eating chocolate cake. The guys were staying in our room to watch over Grace.

It was a fabulous plan. If the girls had stayed in our room, Grace surely would have woken up from all the loud laughter and excited talking. I didn't make it back to my room until almost 3 in the morning! I can't even remember the last time I stayed up that late on purpose.

The next morning we met for breakfast and then headed out to explore downtown Orlando and do some shopping. The day went by a lot quicker than I wanted it to and, too soon, we had to say our goodbyes because Mike had work the next day.

I don't know when we'll get the chance to see each other again. Hopefully sooner rather than later. But no matter when that time will be, one thing I know for certain- we will have a fabulous time. We always do with the Estoestas!






6 comments:

Julie Blew said...

I am so jealous and teary eyed! I could have used this right about now! But I might have messed up the flow-joe. Anyway, sorry I missed it!!!

Julie, the mama said...

From a spouse's perspective, a lot of things plain stink about the Navy, but there is no denying that the Navy is responsible for putting together some awesome friendships. So glad y'all had such a fun reunion!

Mike and Cicely said...

Julie Blew, you could never mess up the flow! You only make it better, girl! We really wish you could have been with us. Now we need to plan our next joint vacay!!

Meagan said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you got to hang with some Navy friends.

Julie Blew said...

I am forever grateful of making such good friends! We will all meet together again! It makes me miss Japan so much! I never expected to come out of there with such great friendships! We need to plan something!

P.S. I was trying to be funny but I was not! lol

Lola said...

Glad to hear your joyful reunion with the Estoestas. Brings back memories for me too...