Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Here's Some Paper Toilet

My girl is a sweetheart; there is no denying it. After hearing me complain of my drippy nose, Grace ran to the bathroom and came back with some toilet paper saying, "Here's some paper toilet for your nose, Mama. I can't reach the tissues." I hope she will always be this considerate and solicitous towards her mama.

A few minutes after Mike left for work this morning, Grace climbed into my bed dragging her book and toy with her and asked if she could sleep with me. Even though I knew this would mean the end of my sleep since the girl moves like crazy when she's snoozing, I couldn't say no.


Luckily, I was super tired and I managed to sleep for a couple more hours and woke up just in time to head to the gym. I brought a friend along who wanted to try Zumba and she loved it so much she joined the gym and agreed to be my Zumba partner!

When we got home, I instituted a no TV day. We read lots of books and put together every puzzle in the house. Grace especially loved the Dora puzzle. We were almost finished with it and only had the last piece to put in place when Grace refused to give it up. She said the piece looked like a horsie and instead of placing it in the puzzle to complete Dora's picture, she played with it like it was a real horse in miniature. I just love seeing her imagination at work.


Can you see the horse?

She even tried to 'ride' the horse, making whinnying and galloping sounds just like her rocking horse.

My resolve to keep the TV off all day was ruined when it was time for me to cook dinner. She kept getting into trouble and when I heard, "Mama, help me! I'm stuck!" and saw this, I finally gave up and put on a Kipper DVD so I could finish making our meal. If there was a toddler-sized playpen that my little monkey couldn't climb out of, I would totally invest in one!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

First of all... your little Grace reminds me SOOOOOO much of my little monkey who will be 3 in August. And I LOVE reading your stories b/c they make me laugh and then I compare them to my own stories. ANyways... my daughter is obsessed with Dora right now and I was wondering if you happen to remember where you got that big Dora floor puzzle? She would LOVE it and since her birthday is around the corner that would be an AWESOME idea! Thanks for you help:)!

stacey_hicks1{at}comcast{dot}net

Meagan said...

Grace is so sweet! I know what you mean about her hogging the bed. Krista has been able to take up the entire bed since she was six months old! How do they do that?

TCC is back up :)