Sunday, July 24, 2011

Miss Independent

Grace has become fiercely independent. Unless I want to constantly have a fight on my hands, I have to make sure to pad her getting ready time. She wants to do everything for herself. "I can do it!" is probably the most commonly said phrase around here these days.

When we don't have anything on our agenda, I give my little Miss Independent a bit more freedom to do her own thing like picking out her own outfit and dressing herself. The results can be less than stellar, but they sure give me a good laugh.
A too small onesie, pajama shorts, striped socks, and her Crocs. At least everything was in shades of pink and green.


She likes her privacy in the bathroom, but I still have to be vigilant because sometimes she turns into the toilet paper bandit, pulling out the entire roll while running around the house.


She loves books and that makes me so happy! When she woke up from her nap and saw Mike still sleeping on the sofa, she grabbed a book, climbed on up, told her daddy, "Get ready, this is a long one," and then proceeded to 'read' him her book.


Mike was oblivious to the whole thing- story time and cuddle time. If I didn't take these pictures, he wouldn't have had a clue that this even happened.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Bill can sleep like that, too. Makes me so jealous!

Independent is good. Will be especially good should y'all decide to add another baby to the family one day!

Meagan said...

I wish I could sleep like that! I think all men must have that superpower.

You're such a good mom for letting her pick out her own clothes!