Monday, July 11, 2011

Snippets From Our Life

Things are good around here. We had an awesome weekend of togetherness. I feel much better than last week and even made it back to the gym today. Grace continues to crack me up with her antics and I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to witness all of them with my dream job of being a stay-at-home mama.

Here are just a few snippets from the past couple of days...

Grace, with bedhead, fascinated with her daddy shaving.


Daddy and daughter monopolizing my phone, or 'Hot Pink' as Grace calls it, and playing Angry Birds.


Trying not to disturb daddy during his nap.


Grace might kill me for all these potty pictures one day, but I want to remember everything about her childhood. She demands privacy when she's doing her business in the bathroom, but I still take a peek to make sure she's not getting into trouble. Lately, this is her position of choice. I have no idea why.


She still enjoys going naked whenever she can and here she is doing some impromptu dancing. I encourage the dancing, but I told her that she can't go running around naked all the time. "Why not, Mama?"


It is so hard trying to get her to look at the camera! Even bribes are not a guarantee. When I ask nicely, she'll do the exact opposite and look the other way.


And when she finally does look at the camera, it's usually with this expression on her face.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I hear you about having a dream job. Isn't it amazing that we get to do this??!! I am so appreciative.

All of the pictures are great, but I especially love the look on her face in that last one. Such a cutie!

Michael said...

Keep those candid pictures of Grace coming! We love reading about her daily antics. And, we're glad Cicely you are feeling better.

We love and miss all of you.

Mom and Dad