Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We've Missed These Boys. And Their Mama.

The Baggett boys were Grace's first friends in Jacksonville and their mama, Nellie, became my go-to friend while Mike was deployed. It was a sad, sad day when they had to move away last fall. They moved to Virginia where our families are and Nellie's family lives here in Florida, so we still get to cross paths every now and then.

The Baggetts were passing through town and it was wonderful spending some time with them. I wish we could have had more time together, but I will take what I can get. When it was time to say goodbye, Grace bawled and bawled saying, "But I want to hug Ms. Nellie just one more time!" She absolutely adores Nellie. One time she even asked Mike, "Do you love Ms. Nellie? I just looooove her!"

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

That top picture looks like it belongs in a magazine! Good friends are such blessings! Definitely a perk of the Navy life!

Meagan said...

We sure do get to meet a lot of great people in the Navy! :)