Monday, July 25, 2011

Once Upon a Time

I started off the day with some gym time with my friend Joan. She told me stories of her evening babysitting Grace the other night. My favorite was when she was trying to put Grace to bed and Grace told her she was going to tell a story.

Once upon a time, there was a BEAUTIFUL princess named Virginia Grace Augustine...

That princess also found my lipgloss and did a pretty decent job of applying it. I probably wouldn't have even noticed she managed to put some on except she kept preening and looking in the mirror and asking me, "Do I look beautiful, Mama?"




A few other tidbits from the past couple of weeks:

**I admit that she is quite spoiled when it comes to being carried. She's so petite that it's not a big deal for Mike and I to carry her around all the time. We realize that it's probably a habit we need to start weaning her. One time we were letting her walk around and she got tired and wanted to be carried. Mike asked her why she needed to be carried because she's a big girl now. She said, "Because I'm soooo lazy!"


**I asked her to turn on the kitchen lights for me and she sang, "No, no, no, no, no" to the tune of Bruno Mars' Lazy Song.

**She was trying to get me to do something and I was busy at that second. She started whining. I asked her to be a little patient. "No! I don't want to be patient! I just want to make horrible noises! Wah,wah, wah! (fake crying like a baby)"

**After picking her up from the children's area of the gym, she asked, "Mama, I was trying to get a toy a girl was playing with and I asked her 'May I please play with it?' and she didn't give it to me. Why she didn't give it to me? I ask her nicely and the right way."
(She was so hurt by the fact that she did everything the way I taught her and the outcome didn't turn out the way she wanted. Sometimes watching her go through these life lessons can be a little painful for me.)

**The girl is like her mama when it comes to the heat- we don't like it. AC all the way, please! Every single time I put her in the carseat, she immediately asks to turn on the AC in the car. This heat wave we recently had with temperatures in the triple digits for days on end was a bit too much to bear for our little princess. We were out running errands and I had just strapped her into her stroller when she demanded I turn on the AC. When I told her that there was no AC when we were outside, she asked, "Even just a little bit, please?"

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

That girl of yours is as funny as she is cute. Loved this blog post!

Meagan said...

That a/c thing had us cracking up over here! We fell the same way.

Michael said...

I'm sure there has got to be at least 1 air conditioned stroller somewhere in the world that we could get for our little princess.