Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Zumba Play Date

Last year at around this time I discovered Zumba. Zumba is an amazing workout that combines dance moves to Latin music. You don't even feel like you're working out- it's THAT good. It just feels like you're out dancing. And it doesn't hurt that our instructor, Jojo, is awesome- upbeat, energetic, and fun. I lost weight doing Zumba and Mike was loving my new fit self.

Then I got pregnant. And we all know what happens when you get pregnant. You gain weight. Or in my case- a LOT of weight. So I'm back at Zumba hoping that it can bring me back to my pre-pregnancy body.

Thankfully there's an on-site babysitting service at the gym during the class. My friend, Julie, brought Gracie so the two girls could have their second play date together. My Grace slept right through it. Again. I'm just glad she did okay with the sitters. I always have this fear that she'll be fussy and crying, but she seems to do remarkably well. In fact, I think she behaves better for babysitters than for her own mama. Go figure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Shout out to Jojo!

Someone recently told me "9 months up, 9 months down." And guess what? We tend to hold on to a "little more" as Nursing Moms.

Cicely, you know what to do! Permanent weight loss is GRADUAL, so if you lose 5 pounds in one month, it's HEALTHY! Notice - I said 5lbs in ONE Month.

Eat when you are hungry and exercise when you've got energy to do so! I'm 10lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight, but still, I can relate to how you feel.

The upside for you is that you are exercising at 6wks post-partum. Do you know how many people find "having a baby" as an excuse NOT to exercise OR to overeat??? As Grace sleeps through the night, you'll find you have more energy to care for her due to consistent exercise. And it just give you that "extra" spirit! Endorphins, honey!

The best of luck to you in your weight loss goals!

Zumba Bootie BumpZ and HugZZZ,
Jojomay

Anonymous said...

P.S. -- ZUMBA GOT ME PREGNANT!