Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Sign of Parenthood


When I was a little girl I hated doing chores. Dusting, vacuuming? No way- I had better things to do. I was constantly on the lookout for ways to procrastinate. But they always got done eventually, mainly because I was scared of what my mama would do to me if I didn't.

Fast forward 20 years later and I'm desperate for the opportunity to dust and vacuum! Surely this is a sign of parenthood. I hate seeing those dust bunnies because they multiply so quickly. Today I was determined to take care of those darned things. Sometimes my little angel cooperated by sleeping or playing quietly by herself. Most of the time she demanded my full, undivided attention.

I accomplished half my goal. How does something that should take only a few minutes span two days when there's a baby involved? Maybe I can convince Mike to let me hire a cleaning lady while Grace is at her 'needy' phase.

I decided to try out a headband instead of a hair bow today. I'm not quite sure if she's a headband kind of girl. I think her hair might be too poofy.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter is just as beautiful as her mother - I can't thank God enough for my girls.

- Daddy

J-mee!! said...

She's such a big girl now! So pretty!

Julie, the mama said...

I love her. And what a sweet comment from Mike! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh how cuuuuuuute! I can't say that enough :)

Michael said...

We love to see your daily pictures of our beautiful little granddaughter. Please don't miss a single day.

Mom and Dad