Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tummy Time?

I've read about the importance of placing babies on their bellies for a few minutes at a time in order to build strength in their neck and develop motor skills. I must confess though that I haven't been very good about giving Grace her tummy time. I thought that it was something that was to be done when she was a little older, but according to some articles that I read recently, I'm already a tad bit late.

So I decided that I would break up the 30 minute daily requirement into 3 ten-minute blocks. Here's a look at our first attempt...

She hated it! Cried and fussed the entire ten minutes, even with Mike on the floor with her trying to coax her into enjoying tummy time.


2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Poor Boss STILL hasn't had tummy time, and he's 7 months old. Poor second child! :-)

Anonymous said...

The worst thing about the "Back to Sleep" campaign is the torture of tummy time. Try reclining on the couch or chair and give Grace tummy time on your chest. You both are such good parents...she's a lucky girl :)

Lori Augustine