Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Morning Smiles




I've never been a morning person, even with the appropriate amount of sleep. But lately, despite the lack of rest, mornings haven't been too bad.

Grace wakes up around 7am, but in my opinion, that's too early to start the day- especially when I've been woken up three times throughout the night. So I'll grab her to come hang out on my bed for a few minutes. We'll lay there and talk about what she'll let me accomplish for the day- all the while giving me big smiles.

"Will you let mommy do some laundry today?"
(Smile)
"Will you let mommy fold the laundry?" (Smile)
"Do you think we could get some cleaning done?" (Smile)
"Do you think you'll let mommy take a nap later?"
(Smile)

I've come to realize that the smiles are her way of saying no seeing that none of the above got accomplished today. Even so, I just love those gummy grins.

I only wish I had a better camera to capture them. The delay on my camera is so bad that by the time the thing actually takes the picture, her smile is practically all gone. The three pictures I got were the best ones, and they don't do justice to the way she really looks when she's full out smiling. A digital SLR camera with continuous shooting mode would make a lovely Mother's Day gift...hint, hint to the hubby....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those smiles, "She got it from her mamma!" Do you know that song? I used it for one of my Zumba classes a long time ago.

She LOOKS just like you Cicely.
(hee hee, don't tell Mike)