Thursday, March 26, 2009

Today Was a Good Day


I love being a mama and feel very blessed to be able to stay home with my baby. But there are days when being a stay-at-home mama is not easy. Sometimes it can be downright hard. There are times when I'm counting down the minutes till Mike gets home just so I can get a little relief. Today was not one of those days. Today was a good day.

First, we made it to bible study this morning, albeit a little late because of a random car inspection at the security gate. (I always seem to get stopped for the 'random' car inspections! Don't I look like a trustworthy and honest person??) Grace was a sweetheart during class- smiling and cooing and being her cute little self. She also had a very loud, near diaper blowout that caused us to excuse ourselves for a few minutes.

Then I was able to go shopping since she was behaving so well- for 2 whole hours! There's hope for mother and daughter shopping expeditions afterall. Our shopping outings before this have always been 'grab what you need and get out quick' because she got fussy too quickly. Today I was able to take my time and enjoy myself while she napped in her stroller.

When we got home, we played and 'talked' for awhile and then took a 2 hour nap together. I didn't even have to cook dinner since it was leftover night. And putting her to bed took only a few minutes because she was out as soon as I nursed her.

I know my days won't always be this easy and carefree, but it's all the more reason to enjoy them when they are. Today was a good day.

I'm so in love with my sweet and happy girl.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I love good days. Grace is getting so big. Her expressions are hilarious. I love that you always have her dressed so adorable. Little girls are SO fun.

Anonymous said...

Shopping trips are always fun :) Does she have a lazy eye like Michael?? Or is that just the way she's smiling?