Saturday, January 8, 2011

Where's my Daddy?

It just about broke my heart when the first thing Grace asked me this morning was, "Where's my Daddy?" Although he has come home the past couple of nights, to her, it didn't seem like it because she had long been asleep for the night by the time he walked in the door. She's only seen him once the entire week.

You can imagine her absolute delight when he finally came home this afternoon. I'm sure Mike was just ready to hang out at home since he hasn't had the chance to properly do so in a while, but I was dying to get out into civilization after being homebound for so long- first with Grace's illness and then mine.

I made the man take his girls out to dinner at our favorite Italian place and then he patiently minded our wild child as I leisurely wandered in and out of the stores at the mall. To end our wonderful evening, we stopped by a gourmet chocolate shop where he bought us a treat of our choice- a chocolate lollipop for Grace and a S'more for me.

He is a sweet, sweet man, that guy of ours.

One of his Daddy duties is to cut Grace's nails since I'm horrible at it. I always feel like I'm going to cut it too short and hurt her.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

He might not be home a lot right now, but when he is, it is straight up quality time! LOVE that he trims her nails. Bill Boucek has NEVER done that for any of the kids.

Meagan said...

Sea tours are really the worst, I feel for you and I hope that things calm down soon and you get to enjoy being a sweet family of three for a bit.


The nails always freaked me out, too. I used to wait until she fell asleep in the carseat and would jump in the back and get em' while she was out cold.