Thursday, January 13, 2011

Shopping Day and Clean Up Time

We are getting ready to go on a trip where the weather is much cooler than it is here, so today was shopping day to get some last minute things that Grace will need to be prepared for any potential snow. Thank goodness all winter clothing is on clearance right now!

The Elmo slippers weren't a planned purchase, but I couldn't pass them up after Grace squealed with delight when she saw them. I gave them to her to see if they would fit and she kept kissing them and yelling, "I love you so MUCH, Elmo!" And when she wasn't kissing or professing her love for the the little red monster, she was giggling. Every single person who passed us, young or old, girl or guy, smiled at her silly antics.

Thankfully, they were on clearance for three bucks, but I'm pretty sure I would've bought them at full price to see her so happy with them.



I've implemented a new step in Grace's bedtime routine- clean up time. We sing the clean up song and she picks up her toys that are scattered around the house. Tonight I told her to put all her toy food in the basket and put them in the fridge so they won't spoil. When I glanced up to check on her progress, I was quite proud to see that the floor was free of clutter. I thought, she's finally starting to understand the concept of cleaning up after herself.

But then I noticed that one of her pajama legs had gotten bigger and lumpy looking.


Here's the reason why...

She was stuffing the toy food into her pajamas because she wanted to sleep with them. I was able to convince her food needs to be kept in the fridge, not in pajamas.

She did, however, go to sleep with those Elmo slippers on her feet.

6 comments:

Meagan said...

HA! I love Grace's way of cleaning up, that's too cute!!

I couldn't have passed on those slippers either, I'm a sucker for a happy kiddo.

Jackie said...

What a funny little munchkin :)! The fact that she was packing the food away in her PJ's just cracks me up!!!!

Lola said...

I was laughing out loud reading this post (all by myself). Have a safe trip and God bless always.

Nellie said...

This child makes me LAUGH! Man, I miss her!

Julie, the mama said...

And the hits just keep on coming! HILARIOUS!!!!

Lori said...

Sarah had those exact same slippers at that age and loved them! In fact, Elmo was the third word she said : )
So wonderful to see you all!!!