Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Three Kings Day

When I was growing up, today marked the official end of Christmas- Three Kings Day. Our Christmas decorations are all put away, the holiday leftovers are nearly finished, and anticipation for Christmas begins again.

Just when I finally get Grace on the road to feeling better, here I am, sick as a dog and wishing Mike would come home at a decent hour to relieve me of my parental duties for the night so I can just curl up in bed and go to sleep. Ha! Wishful thinking.

Maybe Grace won't mind going to bed an hour earlier tonight. I'm off to go try....

***Operation Early Bedtime was a success! Now I'm going to ignore the messy house and kitchen for the night so I can drink a dose of NyQuil, go to sleep, and hopefully tackle all these chores bright and early tomorrow when I'm feeling better.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

I hope you are feeling better!!

Julie, the mama said...

How terrible of a friend am I to read about you - one of my favorite people - not feeling well, and all I can think is, "oh my goodness, that little Grace is just gorgeous."

Lola said...

Prayers on the way. Hope you're feeling better darling. I wished I am there too to help you out. Just take care and take lots of fluid and ramen soup will help (chicken flavor). God bless and I love you.