Monday, January 24, 2011

You're My Best Friend

I don't know what possessed me to think Grace would behave just fine if I tried to go out to lunch with my book club girls during her normal nap time. Maybe it was the residual over-the-counter drugs in my system that I can blame for my temporary insanity. But to say that my child misbehaved during our meal at a cute little cafe is a gross understatement.

Thankfully Liezel and Lorelie are so sweet they pretended Grace was adorable and that her behavior was no big deal when, even as her mother, I know for a fact she was far from adorable at that moment and I feared getting kicked out at any minute.

We skipped dessert and decided to discuss our book while taking a walk in order to accommodate my high maintenance girl.

At least the rest of our day went smoothly. We played with her new toys, I giggled as she twirled in her brand new tutu, made by Nellie, one of Grace's all time favorite people, and we cuddled on the couch and watched a little TV.

And then the girl who was sorely testing my patience just a few short hours before completely melted my heart when she hugged my neck and whispered in my ear, "You're my best friend, Mama."

Can my life get any better?

3 comments:

Joannemay Estoesta said...

I really regret not taking those fancy schmancy pictures of Jas in a tutu and wings as a baby. I love all your moments with Grace!

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE THAT TUTU.

Meagan said...

LOVE!!! LOVE that tutu! That's a framer for sure.