Monday, January 3, 2011

Playing Pretend and Fishy Faces

I was saying goodbye to Mike this morning as he left for work when he 'reminded' me (told me for the first time) that he was going underway for a couple of days so I wouldn't see him again until later this week. What a way to start off the week! But I refused to cry tears of anger and frustration so soon into the new year, so I held it all in and have consoled myself by eating lots of junk today- complete with an impromptu run through the Chick-fil-a drive through for a peppermint chocolate shake. So much for eating better and trying to shed those holiday pounds.

Despite the shaky start, Grace and I had a good day. We ran errands in the morning and I rushed to get back for naptime, but the girl refused to take one today. Every time I put her in bed, she would walk out of her room a minute later and tell me, "I had a nice nap, Mama." I was enjoying her company so much that after the third 'nice nap', I decided one day of skipping it wouldn't hurt.

We played and played and then played some more. I love hanging out with my sweet girl! Her new favorite thing to say to me is, "Let's go to my room, Mama, and play pretend." I know there will come a time when she will no longer want to hang out with me because there will be cooler people in her world, but for now, I will relish it while I still can.


She's been trying to learn how to do fishy faces for a couple of weeks now and she's finally starting to get it...



4 comments:

Meagan said...

Those fishy face photos had me laughing out loud!!

Sorry about Mike leaving again.

Julie, the mama said...

Cute, cute fishy faces.

And stupid, stupid ship.

At least he'll be home every night in b-school. Even if he doesn't get home until midnight!

Lola said...

Super cute.

Michael said...

Soooo cute!