Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Uno, Dos, Tres

Everyday I am amazed at how children, especially toddlers, think and learn. I love being able to look at the world through such innocent eyes, thanks to Grace. She marvels at things that I've come to take for granted. Like how a waffle fry can transform into a baby giraffe if only you have the imagination to see it.

In the middle of dinner, she held up what was left of her waffle fry, giggled, and said, "Look, Mama, a baby giraffe!"

It is such a gift to have her in my life.

Then there are times when I'm worried about something, like the results of the INSURV inspection, when she'll do something that catches me off guard and instantly erases my stress. At least for the moment.

We were on our way out to run some errands, walking down the stairs when I heard Grace counting. In Spanish. It took me until quatro to realize that's what she was doing. She made it all the way to cinqo before she went back to uno and started all over again.

I guess someone's been paying attention to Dora and Diego.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

That coat is muy linda!!

Lola said...

Next thing you know, she is talking to you in Spanish. Love the coat. She looks grown up and cute. Can't wait to see you all next week. Have a blessed day. Love you very much, MWOAH.

Michael said...

Grandpa finally has someone in the family he can speak Spanish with - it'll be a short conversation!

Grace is sooo cute in her new coat.