Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Two Stitches

Today was supposed to be a stay-in kind of day because Grace and I have started the sniffles. My goal was to tackle the mountain of laundry that never seems to go away and start taking down the Christmas decorations.

Things didn't quite go according to plan.

While I was taking a load of clothes out of the dryer, Grace decided she'd put the taking down of the Christmas decorations in her own hands. She managed to climb onto her table and pull down a stocking and stocking holder right onto her forehead.

The girl cried for a second while I checked out the wound, but immediately stopped when I promised her a Hello Kitty band-aid. Although the cut was small and stopped bleeding right away, I was concerned about how deep it looked. So I took her to the ER to make sure it was okay.

Two and a half hours and two stitches later, we finally walked out of the ER. She is doing perfectly fine. I, on the other hand, could use a glass of wine (or something since I can't drink).


Loving the fact that she gets to wear a Hello Kitty band-aid.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Bless YOUR heart, Cicely. And I'm only saying you, because I know our Grace is
A-ok!

Meagan said...

Oh gosh! What a day! I hope tomorrow is smooth and relaxing for all of you!

Grace looks cute rockin' her Hello Kitty bandage.

Nellie said...

are you SERIOUS? i thought life with all boys was crazy. you have your hands full there, missy! glad she's ok. i'm looking forward to your post entitled "whassup jesus." showed up in my feed but says it doesn't exist. sounds like grace has been talking to the statue outside of church! :)