Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello, December!

I know Thanksgiving is the official kick off to the holiday season, but for me, it doesn't feel completely real until the calendar turns to December.

In celebration, I pulled out all of Grace's holiday outfits that were in the back of her closet, ironed them, and put them back into the closet, front and center. For the next few weeks, Grace's signature wardrobe color of pink will be replaced by shades of red and green.

Now if only it would get just a teeny bit chillier here (although it did dip down to the 60's today- yay!), it'll really feel like Christmas is coming. No matter how many wreaths and twinkling lights I see, it seems a little surreal when you're wearing a short sleeve shirt and still sweating from the heat.

Since she's been banned from all my ornaments, Mike got Grace her very own to hang (or not) and do as she pleases.


3 comments:

Michael said...

How thoughtful of Dad to get Grace her own ornament to do with as she pleases. That ornament will become a keepsake, if it survives the first Christmas in Grace's hands!

Julie, the mama said...

I just LOVE moving all of the holiday clothes to the front and center spot of the closet. And I guess it IS a nice break from all of the pink.

Can't wait to see all of Grace's pretty Christmas clothes!

Meagan said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the holiday dresses!!!