Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Thank you so very much to our dads, Lolo, Grandpa, and Great-Grandpa for everything that they do for our families each and every day. They serve as inspiring and wonderful role models for us all. Grace and I most especially thank Mike for being the awesome daddy that he is.

To celebrate our guy on his day, we started off with cards and then presents. I was afraid Grace would blow our secret about Daddy's "special secret surprise" because 2 year olds aren't the best keeper of secrets, but she did surprisingly well. She had one moment on the phone where she almost spilled the beans, but thankfully, her daddy didn't quite catch it.


Naps and sleeping in general are very important to Mike so we gave him the ultimate pillow to maximize his rest time.
After church, we went to Casa Marina, a beautiful restaurant/hotel by the beach, for their amazing Sunday brunch. I ate so much that my belly literally expanded to the point of pain. It was so worth it. I'm sure I'll pay for the calorie bomb, but I'll worry about that later.

This guy didn't worry about calories as Grace happily fed him all sorts of treats- in this instance, bacon. I also peeled cocktail shrimp and handfed it to him, too. He was loving life being lovingly fed by his two girls.
After long naps for all of us, we spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach. And a trip to the beach can't be complete without stopping by for a cool treat, Rita's Italian Ice, afterwards.

1 comments:

Lolo and Lola said...

Happy Father's day Mike...