Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Long Overdue Playdate

Beth and I met over a year ago, just days after Mike left for deployment. We bonded instantly over being fellow bloggers and first-time mamas to our babies, who are about the same age. Her twins are just a few months older than Grace, and I remember grilling her with so many questions about what to expect next.

We planned to get the babies together soon. Maybe it's because we felt like we were already a part of each other's lives thanks to the blog and the magic of Facebook. Maybe it's just because life got in the way. But before we knew it, our babies were two years old and still had not yet met.

Today that finally changed. Beth, Emily, and William came over this afternoon for a playdate. The babies had a great time and I loved being able to catch up with Beth, in person. It was so sweet to watch them play, especially since Grace rarely gets a chance to play with babies her age.

My girl is definitely still learning to master the art of sharing. She also needs to curb her bossy ways with her demands of "Come to my room!" while pulling on Emily's hand and "Sit down right here!" while pointing to a spot on the floor. Luckily, the twins are such sweetie pies that Grace's little moments of weakness didn't ruin an afternoon playdate.

I can't wait to get these three together again. And now that I know how much fun we all have, I'm going to make sure our next playdate happens way before another year goes by.


A little moment of weakness after I forced her to share a toy.

1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I'm officially jealous. Do you know I have NEVER met Beth or the twins?!

Sure looks like y'all had fun!