Monday, June 6, 2011

Daddy's Little Helper

Our day started out wonderfully. I made it to the gym in the morning and then Grace and I hung out at the pool for a while before heading back home for lunch and a long afternoon nap.

When she woke up, we braved an afternoon thunderstorm to go to the grocery store to pick up a few ingredients for our evening supper. I had an incredible meal planned- broiled salmon with fresh mango salsa, quinoa and brown rice, and roasted garlic lemon broccoli.

Halfway through making the meal, a few minutes after I popped the broccoli in the oven, I noticed that the oven light was no longer on. My oven up and died on me! Thankfully my husband was on his way home and I had complete faith he would be able to fix it, like he does with most everything.

But upon closer inspection, my oven requires the attention of an actual professional. Grace did her best to help out her daddy though. When she saw him bust out his toolbox, she ran to her room and then showed up in the kitchen with hers in hand while saying, "I can help you, Daddy! I have my tools!"

So I had no choice but to put the salmon and mango salsa back in the fridge and did my best to salvage the broccoli. Instead of the awesome meal I had pictured us enjoying, we had a microwaveable meal. Fabulous.

On the bright side, I get a vacation from cooking until the repair guy can come and take a look at my out of commission oven.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Definitely would be a problem I would welcome around here.

Daddy's little helper sure is cute!

Michael said...

How cute is THAT!?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how much the repairs will cost you - but Grace helping Mike on her tippy toes with a her plastic flathead? Priceless!!! - Laura