Thursday, June 2, 2011

You Look Just Like a Whale

This is what my sweet, giggling child said to me as I was doing my stretching exercises before a DVD workout. I know I haven't been to the gym in almost two weeks now, but geez, have I really reached whale proportions?!? Nothing like a painfully honest toddler to keep you humble.

Immediately after making this announcement she offered, "Here, let me help you," and held onto my thighs to help me balance. Such a helpful little thing.

Despite the blow to my self-esteem first thing in the morning, we all still managed to have a great day. We ran errands and then hit up the Chick-fil-a drive through for lunch. A long afternoon nap for Grace was next followed by an early-ish end of workday for Mike.

I didn't have any plans to cook dinner so we piled into Max and headed out to the town center in search for a place to eat. After dinner we did some shopping and before we knew what happened, it was 9:30 and we were still out and about! We hurried home to put Grace to bed because, surely, all of the running around the shopping center would have tuckered her out. A good half hour after we said prayers and wished her good night, she was still singing the Sesame Street song and talking to herself. If only they could bottle a toddler's energy level, there would be no need for Red Bull.

The girl is finally fast asleep and now it's my turn to crawl into bed and fall asleep, no Sesame Street song necessary.

There's something about this scene Grace set up that I find amusing. Prince Charming driving a Zhu-Zhu pet pizza delivery car with the old witch in his side car, all watched over by the Evil Queen.

1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, the things they say. The whale comment got me so tickled.