Friday, June 17, 2011

The Tri-Delta Dolls Meet Again

It has been five long months since the last time we had a book club meeting so it was an especially wonderful treat to have the lovely ladies over tonight to talk about our latest selection, "The 5 Love Languages."

We were supposed to meet at a cozy restaurant, but with Grace's cough making a reappearance because of this smoky weather and Mike on duty, I bribed Liezel and Lorelie with some Kentucky Fried Chicken and biscuits to come over to my place instead. They brought dessert, wine, and conversation. It was a fabulous way to spend a Friday night.

Grace enjoyed being an honorary member for a while until I decided it was time for her to go to bed (so the real members could actually discuss the book). She put up quite a fight, which I'm sure concerned Liezel and Lorelie, but I've seen the battle before and I knew the best way to win was to just ignore her screams and blatant refusals to get into bed. Sure enough, she had calmed down enough a few minutes later for us to finish our book club talk.

Some other news- stove is finally fixed! I celebrated by not cooking a single thing today.

Another random tidbit- I sadly didn't make it to Zumba this morning because I was waiting on the technician to fix the stove, but I did manage to get a good work out in nonetheless. As I was working hard to my DVD, sweat running down my face, Grace runs to me with such concern in her sweet little face and said, "Mama, are you okay? Why are you crying? Don't cry, it's going to be okay! I'm going to make you feel all better!"

0 comments: