Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekend Whirlwind

This picture of Grace and her wild and crazy hair will give you a clue as to how busy this weekend was. Poor baby's sleep was so messed up with all the partying. Three parties, one graduation, and Father's Day meant lots of getting passed around from person to person. Thankfully, my sweet girl was a good sport through it all.


FRIDAY

My parents hosted a 'Come Meet Grace/Baptism Reception' at their restaurant. The grandparents were finally willing to share their grandbaby with other people and it was nice to see old friends.
A few of my junior high and high school friends with all of our babies.

Grandma holding Grace while Lolo does his "Boom, boom, BOOM!" that never fails in getting a smile.



SATURDAY
Saturday was all about Megan's high school graduation and reception. I still find it hard to believe that she is eighteen and a high school graduate. Who knew ten years ago that the shy little girl at my baby brother's birthday party that I tried to get to play the children's games would one day become my beautiful sister-in-law? We are so proud of Megan and can't wait to see what the future has in store for her.





Megan will be going to Old Dominion University, my Alma Mater (Go Monarchs!). Here is Grace's Daddy trying to tell her she will go to Virginia Tech and become a Hokie. We shall see...

The theme for Saturday's party was Italian- yummy...my favorite! I'm so glad I married into an Italian/Filipino family- my two favorite kinds of cuisine. Now if I can just get my father-in-law to teach me how to make all that, I'll be in heaven.

SUNDAY
While Saturday was Megan's graduation reception for family, Sunday was the big bash for her friends. The weather was perfect and the food fantastic. The theme for this party was Filipino. (Can you see why it will be very difficult, if not impossible, for me to lose any baby weight this summer?)

Of course, it was also Mike's first Father's Day. I think he really enjoyed being able to share it with his own dad and his uncles who were visiting.



Grace was just so tickled with her cousin Sarah. Every time Grace saw her, she would squeal and giggle with delight.

The Augustine dads- I'm so glad that Mike is able to join these fine men on the journey of fatherhood.

Although Mike is just starting out, he is already proving to be a perfect father. Thank you, Honey, for loving and taking such good care of your girls. We love you with all our hearts.

MONDAY

The weekend left all of us exhausted, but poor Mike had no time to rest and recover. First thing Monday morning, we drove to Richmond so he could catch a flight back to Japan. I wish he could've stayed a little longer, but duty calls. Grace and I are going to miss him terribly, but I suppose this is good practice for when he goes on deployment next year for months at a time. Being back home is nice, but it's a little bittersweet if we're not together as a family. Hopefully the rest of the summer will go by just as quickly as these past couple weeks.

0 comments: