Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cereal, Toes, and a Bumbo

At Grace's 4 month well baby appointment, her pediatrician said we could start her on some rice cereal. But I wanted to wait until she was 6 months old. Or so I thought. Then I realized that Mike wouldn't be around when she turns 6 months this summer and I knew I wanted him to be able to witness her first attempts at solid food. Grace is days away from her 5 month birthday so we decided to give her some cereal before Mike left for Japan.


She was a little unsure in the beginning and most of it ended up on her bib, but at least she was still smiling at the end of the experience. Ever since that first experience with the spoon, she has been fascinated with watching us eat. Hopefully this is a good sign.


For several weeks now, Grace's best 'toys' have been her hands and anything else she can stuff in her mouth- rattle, burp cloth, bib, the hem of her dress, etc. This past weekend, she discovered her toes and now will do anything to get them in her mouth. I have not been able to keep socks on the girl because she'll pull them off in an effort to get to her toes!




We've had friends rave about the Bumbo so we got one for Grace to see if she'd like it. She hasn't had much use out of it lately since there is always someone who wants to hold her, but here's a rare moment of her using the little seat. She was keeping me company as I did my hair.




Tonight we had dinner with my dearest friend, Michelle. We went to Atlas Diner, our old standby restaurant we frequented from before, and although the decor of the place has changed, I'm glad to say that our friendship has not.

0 comments: