Monday, June 8, 2009

The Price for Beauty

I'm a big believer in early ear piercings for girls- the earlier the better. Yes, it's painful, but they won't remember anything. And the after care is easier when they're younger and can't pull at their ears yet. Unfortunately, they don't do ear piercings for children in Japan so I've been so excited about coming home and being able to get them done for Grace.

The two grandmas and my dad (Lolo) were able to witness the event. My dad even took the day off of work to hang out with us and be our cameraman. We picked out some lovely gold earrings for Grace, courtesy of Lola, and she already has a pair of diamond stud earrings, courtesy of Grandma, once she's allowed to switch out her earrings.

I fear we are creating a very high-maintenance girl, but what else is expected when she's the first grandbaby on both sides? It's inevitable...





I'm sorry I put you through that, my sweet baby girl, but as you'll find out when you're older, sometimes girls have to just pay the price for beauty. And you might even thank me one day when you find the perfect pair of earrings to accessorize your outfit.

1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that precious girl. She is adorable.

And I love your new car too!