Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Laid Back Wednesday

Grace and I started off the day by sleeping in. Then as we were getting up for the day, we talked to Mike as he was getting ready to to turn in for the night. I think I'm still in denial about not being able to see him for a month in a half. As much as I'm enjoying not being in Japan, I would readily go back if it meant our family could be together for the summer.

After getting all sad from missing Mike, Grace, Uncle Josh, and I went off for a late lunch at Chick-fil-a and some shopping at Target. There's nothing like my two favorites to lift my mood. And to top it off, Grace was an angel during lunch and shopping.

On the road to my friend Daria's house- now that's a different story. She cried the ENTIRE time. I even stopped at a parking lot to nurse her thinking that would calm her down, but no such luck. My sweet darling screamed for the 30 minutes it took me to drive to Daria's.

Once we got there, she was a little angel again. The little stinker is so used to getting picked up whenever she wants now that she has no patience for her carseat anymore. You'd think she was a newborn again the way she was going on. I thought I had left those days behind me. My well-intentioned family has inadvertently undone all the progress she had made with behaving in her carseat. I knew this was inevitable though so I'm not completely surprised.

We followed our visit with dinner at the restaurant with my parents. Most of the time when they come home after working, Grace is already sleeping, so they had a great time playing with her during dinner.







My mom even got Grace to sleep by singing Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On'- karaoke style.

2 comments:

J-mee!! said...

:) I know you are having a blast with your family and friends! I'm sure the month and a half will go by quickly! Hope to see you when I get there!

Julie, the mama said...

Glad you have lots of help this summer, but poor Mike. After this, he might decide the Navy isn't for him after all! :-)