Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Three Years

It's been three years since I made the best decision in my life- I said "I do" to the man I love and my world has been beautiful ever since. I sometimes find it surreal that I'm actually living the life I always dreamed of. I'm the wife of a hard working husband who provides our family with a good life and who is loving and caring beyond belief. I'm the mother of a beautiful, easy-going baby girl with the sunniest disposition I have ever known. Life is good indeed.

We celebrated our first anniversary still feeling like newlyweds and jetsetting to exotic places.

Our second anniversary was filled with equal parts excitement, nervousness, awe and wonder at the prospect of becoming parents and seeing our 6 week old baby through ultrasound.

Today marks our third anniversary and here I am still in love as ever, if not more, with my Baby Daddy. When are you no longer considered newlyweds because I still feel like a newlywed. I still get excited when I see that my hubby is calling. My heart still feels like it's going to burst with happiness at the sight of his face. And I still get tingles when he holds my hand.

And although we had to spend it apart, my sweet husband did not fail me. He planned for his sister to drop off a gift for me on our anniversary. A shiny and sparkly gift that came in a small box. Isn't that the best kind?






One of the gifts my mother-in-law gave me was a Coach key chain. Megan had a matching key chain and Grace just LOVED them! She belly laughed so hard whenever she saw them and tried to grab for them at every opportunity. Watch out, Daddy, this one's got expensive tastes already- at only 5 months of age...




My brothers and I decided to take Grace to the zoo today because the weather was so beautiful. Unfortunately, most of the animals thought it was quite hot because they were in hiding. Luckily for us, the zoo had some replicas of the animals because they were the closest we got to seeing them.







A nice ending to my day, Pasta Milano at Macaroni Grill- my favorite! Thanks, Carl, for the nice treat.

2 comments:

The one and only - MZ JOJO said...

I feel the love reading this blog. Had today been a rainy day, I'm almost certain I would have teared up, but the sun is out today - so no depression. Happy Anni!!! How's my Grace? Jasmine had her 6mo Well Baby today. She's 16.5 pounds. Love you guys!
Jojo

Baby Daddy said...

1) Babe - you and the rhino? That's hot.

2) Coach at 5 months? I completely blame Aunt Megan and Grandma. And Grandpa for spoiling them, thus causing this. Her future husband is hosed.