Monday, June 29, 2009

Daddy, We Miss You!


It's been a week since we dropped off Mike at the airport and although we've done plenty to keep ourselves busy and make the time fly by, this past week moved at a snail's pace. We miss our daddy something fierce!

I hate that he's missing out on some of Grace's new accomplishments. I miss having someone to drive me around. I miss sharing the mundane parts of my day with someone, and have them actually enjoy it and find it interesting. I miss my best friend.

I need to print out a picture of Mike and show it to Grace everyday so she won't forget her daddy. If seven weeks is a long time for me, I can't imagine what that feels like to an infant. I meant to take a video of Mike reading her bedtime stories so that I could play it for her every night, but things just got so crazy the last few days he was in town that it completely slipped my mind.

I guess I need to just get used to this because this little seven week separation is nothing compared to the seven months we have to be apart next year when he goes on deployment. But I'm still in denial about that. One thing a at a time....

Uncle Josh trying out the Baby Bjorn.


Sweet baby fell asleep trying to get her toes.


Grandpa trying to rock Grace to sleep, but there were too many interesting things to look at in his office.


Outdoor dinner on my parents' deck.


I'm usually the one taking all the pictures so I'm rarely in the pictures myself, but Mike requested more shots of his two girls together, so here it is. Not the best, but the only one I have from the past few days. I will try to do better next time.

1 comments:

Daddy said...

I miss you girls too - I love you!!!