Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Pretty Perfect Sunday

Sundays are usually our day to tackle any household chores that did not get done during the week. However, it is almost time for bed and there is a huge amount of dirty clothes piled up in the laundry room. The bed never got made today. Carpets remain unvacuumed. Floors did not get mopped. There is a layer of dust on all the furniture. Various baby paraphernalia is strewn all over the house.

Yet I still consider today a pretty perfect Sunday.

Grace only woke up for one night time feeding last night AND she decided to sleep in. We actually made it to church on time. We enjoyed a delicious all-you-can-eat brunch at the Officers' Club with our good friends, the Blews and the Estoestas.

Then the ladies went shopping while the husbands babysat. It has been a long time since I've had the chance to go clothes shopping with some fun girlfriends. We had a good time picking out clothes and approving or nixing each other's outfits in the dressing room. I left the store with a couple of cute new outfits and for once, feeling good about myself and my still-here baby weight, thanks to Jojo's and Julie's encouragement. They made me feel like I really CAN bring sexy back. Thanks, girls!


Mike and James on baby duty while the girls were trying on clothes.


Here is Grace patiently waiting for her daddy to wake up from his nap so she can get her evening bath.

2 comments:

Aunt Megan said...

Cicely I'm glad you got to go shopping again! Grace just looks so adorable with her mini robe on waiting for a bath :P

Jojomay Estoesta said...

I love how Mike and James are in the socks/pantyhose section!!!