Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Today's Lesson: Always Be Prepared

I learned a very important lesson today: always be prepared. I was in a rush this morning to get to my Zumba class and made a monumental error when packing the diaper bag. I had a few errands to run after my workout so I wanted to put an extra change of clothes for myself in the diaper bag. Because my clothes took up so much space, I decided to do just the baby essentials - diapers, wipes, hooter hider.

Normally when I pack her diaper bag, I bring everything for all situations- blanket in case it gets chilly, Tylenol in case she gets a fever, burp cloth for spit-ups, little toy for entertainment, disposable changing pads for messy diaper changes, and an extra set of clothes.

Not packing the last 2 items was a big mistake today.

I was shopping in the baby section when I heard Grace having a gassy moment. I didn't think anything of it. A few minutes later, I realized that she needed a diaper change so off to the restroom we went. This is what I find...



This looks pretty tame compared to what I found when I actually lifted the shirt. It was the kind of nasty that would normally send her straight to the tub.

It figures that this would happen the one and only time I decide NOT to pack her a change of clothes. So I put her back in the stroller just like this because I had no choice, went and picked out an outfit, paid for it, went back to the restroom and changed her into the new outfit.


Life with a baby is never boring, that's for sure!

On a different note, the quest to lose the baby weight continues. Yesterday I went on a power stroller walk around the neighborhood with Jojo and Julie. The babies certainly enjoyed themselves- they were out like a light before we were halfway around the block.






A look of sweet innocence from the Little Stinker.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss my Little Stinker....and her Mommy...

- Daddy Down Under