Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy 3 Month Birthday!

Today we celebrated Grace's 3 month birthday. Lola and Lolo called this morning to greet her a happy birthday and I baked chocolate cupcakes to mark the occasion. These three months have gone by with lightning speed and it's hard to believe how much she's changed in that short amount of time.

Here are a few things we've enjoyed along the way:

*Her personality is really blossoming and she seems to be a pretty happy baby.

*She's teaching us to be better morning people by her contagious morning smiles. How can you not enjoy your morning when you're greeted by a joyful, smiling baby who genuinely loves seeing you, regardless of how you look?

*We're amazed at the amount of poop that comes out of such a little lady.

*She spent her first 6 weeks sleeping in our room, but adjusted to sleeping in her crib in her own room surprisingly well. It took me longer to get used to her being in a separate room. There were many nights where I kept tiptoeing in there to make sure she was okay.

*I'm amazed that I can still function with the little sleep I get.

*She really does look like an angel when she's sleeping. So much so that if she falls asleep in my arms, I have a hard time putting her down because I enjoy holding her and seeing that beautiful face.

*When she wakes up in the morning, I can hear her talking to herself and I love listening to her sweet voice. She'll do this for about 10 minutes before she'll let you know that she's ready to be up for the day by doing her little fake cry.

*Mike loves how observant and focused she can get. For example, she will stare at her hands with such determination and try to get those elusive things in her mouth that you just have to cheer when she reaches her goal.

*I'm starting to hear the hint of giggles and can't wait to hear a full out belly laugh.

*She's still got that new baby smell and I'm hoping it'll last for a little while longer.

*She's such a joy to be around! Mike is surprised at how much he enjoys having a daughter. She really DOES have him wrapped around her little finger...




0 comments: