Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We Said We Wouldn't...


Mike and I pride ourselves on not being huge television watchers. We like to read. Or go out and do stuff instead of watch stuff on TV. Dorky, I know, but that's the way it is. I always thought that I would never use the TV as a babysitter. But there are some days when the lure of the electronic babysitter is irresistible. We only use it in emergencies though- promise!

***I know she's completely too close to the TV in the picture. She starts off at a reasonable distance, gets distracted by her toys so she crawls over there, and then something on the TV catches her attention again.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Ha! We're the same way here, and because I read an article that said TV could delay speech in children, I never let LL watch one second of TV. And when she was 16 months old, and still barely saying a word, a friend suggested I put her in front of the TV. I gasped. Then, slapped the kid in front of the television. She was talking as much as her friends within a week. Ha! Boss has been watching TV since he came home from the hospital!
She'll be fine!

Michael said...

We can't wait to see all of you, again. Grandma & Grandpa.