Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!

My girl looked like she'd been getting ready to crawl for a couple months now. She'd get up on all fours, but could never get coordinated enough to actually make any progress. Sometimes she'd manage to go backwards (she's a talented one), but no luck on the forward motion.

I tried enticing her with various toys. I tried calling her name enthusiastically. I tried clapping and making silly faces. Nothing worked. Until I put the InStyle magazine I was reading down on the floor. I don't know what that foreshadows about my baby, but I'm hoping it means she'll be a girly-girl and will enjoy all the dresses and bows I plan on putting on her for many years to come.

But since Grace has learned to get up and go, she's been keeping me on my toes. No longer can I put her down and expect her to be in the exact same spot I left her. Maybe one day she'll be mama's little helper, but for the moment, she's actually the opposite of that. She's been making me earn every penny of my stay-at-home mom pay lately. And she's made me realize that our house is not very baby-proof.

I don't mind the extra work one bit though. It's such a pleasure to see her explore her world. I can see the excitement on her face when she sees something she wants and I can feel her accomplishment when she can get it for herself.

I've been enjoying every moment of Grace's babyhood. I just wish the moments wouldn't go by so darn quickly.

Here she is happily undoing the basket of clean laundry I just finished folding.

Making a mad dash for mommy's favorite red shoes.

This is her reaction when I have to put her in her crib so I can get something done without worrying about what she'll get into. You'd think I stuck her in prison or something! Sorry, Lola- I know you don't like to see your baby cry, but now that the extra help is gone, there are times when it's inevitable.

3 comments:

Lola said...

Aw! It breaks my heart to see my princesita crying.

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

Awe! We wish we were there to play with Grace so she doesn't have to be incarcerated. Grandma & Grandpa