Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Terrible Tuesday

I don't know of any woman who likes having an OB/GYN exam. My very first one after finding out I was pregnant was a disaster. A 'new' doctor who didn't know how to use the equipment and then forgot to do a test so had to re-do the procedure. Enough said. But I would rather go to that appointment again than go to the dentist.

I am admitting a secret here that only my husband and closest friends know about me- I am terrified of going to the dentist. I avoid it at all costs. Mike has to make my appointment for me because if he left it up to me, I would never go. Because I haven't been to the dentist since before I was pregnant, he forced me to go today.

I suppose it's a good thing too. Apparently I have one filling that needs to be redone, 3 soft spots (what the heck are those?), and 1 cavity that needs to be taken care of (which could potentially turn into a root canal). I'm a bit embarrassed to admit all this, but I figure, acknowledging a fear is the first step in overcoming it.

My dear friend, Maritza, babysat Grace while I was at the dentist's office trying my best not to pass out from fear. You think I exaggerate, but I kid you not. They had to take my blood pressure to make sure I was okay.

I scattered Grace's toys on the carpet and the girl somehow managed to arrange them in a semi-circle. I'm sure it was a fluke, but I thought it was pretty amazing.

0 comments: