Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sayonara, Baby!

In one week, we will be back stateside. But in the meantime, there's lots to be done. Our phones were turned off this morning and the internet will be gone tomorrow, so our blog will be on hiatus for a little while.

Leaving Japan will be very bittersweet for me. Although I'm ready to be closer to family, I will miss the friendships I have made here. I take solace in the fact that in the Navy, it is a small world indeed and we may run into each other again someday.

And no matter how much I whined about the inconveniences of living in Japan, truth be told, it will always be near and dear to my heart because this is where my family began. My sweet baby was born here. She will never remember it, but hopefully, I've taken enough pictures and collected enough souvenirs for her to know one day that she was my "Japanese baby".

Checking out her daddy's find from the bazaar.

She had so much fun sorting through pantry items. When I see her having such a good time with such simple things, I wonder why we even bother buying her toys.

Tonight was Mike's farewell at the Captain's house. We tried to be a matching Tommy Bahama family with Mike's shirt and my dress. Too bad Tommy Bahama doesn't have a kids' line.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cicely,

I will miss your posts while you are in transition! Have a safe trip home and I hope you are settled happily in your new home soon!

Michael said...

NICE chair! The new rug will be perfect for a future office.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that bench! Was that a Bazaar find? It's gorgeous! - Safe travels... I will miss the blog, but I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Laura

Aunt Megan said...

I can't believe your adventure in Japan is ending! I remember when you two just got there almost three years ago. And now there's three leaving :) Grace is growing too fast! Have a safe trip and God Bless. Can't wait to see you soon! Btw, Cicely, what a great dress!