Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Last Bazaar

When we first moved to Japan two and a half years ago, I was excited by all the fascinating things that made living in a foreign country different- the language, driving on the other side of the road, using the train system, the different fashion styles, etc.

But once the novelty wore off, all the things I once found fascinating and cute about Japan slowly began to irritate me. I knew it was soon time to head out and thank goodness the Navy agreed.

There is one thing, however, that I have loved from the moment I got here- the Yokosuka Bazaar! It comes twice a year, in the spring and the fall, and I will miss it terribly. The bazaar is an event that I looked forward to with all the excitement and anticipation as a kid on Christmas morning.

I thought I would miss out on the fall bazaar because it's usually held in October and we're leaving the first week of October. But luck was with me when it was held early this year and I got to go one last time.

Here's Grace checking out some of mommy's finds.

A sweet wink for daddy.

1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I know the feeling. A few months before it is time for a move, Bill and I both start getting soooo antsy. We supposed to have 3 year orders next, and we are already worried that will be too long to stay in one place.

I have a feeling that y'all are never going to want to leave Jax though!

Can't wait to have you so close.